This week’s meme (my first!), Musing Mondays, comes from Should Be Reading.
What was the last book you…
• borrowed from the library?
• cried over?
• disliked and couldn’t finish?
• read & loved?
• got for review? (or: got in the mail?)
• gave to someone else?
• stayed up too late reading?
What was the last book I
• borrowed from the library? Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See–checked it out on Saturday
• bought? (simultaneously) Shakespeare’s Landlord by Charlaine Harris and Pay Me in Flesh by K. Bennett–Purchased at indie bookstore Mysterious Galaxy on Saturday
• cried over? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling–Haven’t cried over a book in a while, but this was easy to remember as I cried when I saw the movie in July.
• disliked and couldn’t finish? Narcissus in Chains by Laurell K. Hamilton–I hear that this is where many readers stop reading the Anita Blake novels.
• read & loved? The Help by Kathryn Stockett–Still wondering how the movie turned out, but am waiting for it to come out on DVD.
• got for review? (or: got in the mail?) A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin–From Amazon, as I don’t yet receive ARCs. I was very excited when I found it on my doorstep!
• gave to someone else? A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin–I’m pushing these books harder than a used car salesman!
• stayed up too late reading? The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen OR Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins–It depends upon what you’re getting at here. If you mean stayed up too late because it was so good you couldn’t put it down, then it was Catching Fire because I had just finished The Hunger Games around my bedtime, but had to read more! Otherwise, the most recent book I stayed up too late reading was Allen’s, because I was trying to read 3 books in one day (and succeeded!).