Yesterday, I started at 8:00 a.m. and ended around 11:30 p.m. I made progress in two books: The Gunslinger by Stephen King and Bleak House by Charles Dickens. Bleak House was read when I was devoted solely to reading on the couch, while The Gunslinger was listened to while I drove, washed dishes, and cooked. It was a pretty good system that I plan to use today! If you’d like to read my post from yesterday, click here.
The goal is that I finish Bleak House, and it seems likely that I will, as I only have about 150 pages left.
Also, I will post an update every two hours on what I’m reading and how many pages I’ve read. Included in these updates are a few of the notes that I have written on post-its while reading the pages. This is a fun way to share my reading thoughts.
So, enough jabber-jaw…let’s get reading!
My first post begins with what I read last night before bed.
Day/Time: Saturday, 11:30 p.m.
Reading: Bleak House
Pages Read: 57 p
Total Pages Read: 315
–Bucket IS good at what he does.
– She still won in the end.
– Connectivity everywhere!
Day/Time: Sunday, 9:00 a.m.
Reading: Bleak House
Pages Read: 92
Today’s Total Pages Read: 92
Weekend’s Total Pages Read: 402
– Now, I like Bucket! Or respect his abilities, I guess.
– As despicable as the nobility is, I want things to work out for the Dedlocks!
– Too true! Like Downton Abbey!
– Ha! Michael Jackson!
– God, he’s a bastard! Why would Jarndyce consider him a friend?
– It’s believable now, but not before!
Day/Time: Saturday, 11:15 a.m.
Reading: The Gunslinger (listened as I cooked breakfast AND dinner (in the crockpot!)
Pages Read: 37 p
Today’s Total Pages Read: 129
Weekend’s Total Pages Read: 439
– The narration is good, but I can’t help but feel that my mind does better justice to the characters’ voices than this guy does.
Day/Time: Saturday, 1:15 p.m.
Reading: Bleak House (I finished!) and The Gunslinger (listened as I walked to the local corner store and bought a root beer for this very warm day!)
Pages Read: Bleak House: 51 p
The Gunslinger: 19 p
Today’s Total Pages Read: 199
Weekend’s Total Pages Read: 509
Bleak House: -I’m so glad things are working out for him!
– Jarndyce is sooo good.
– Yay! More Guppy!
– Ha! Mrs. Guppy is as good as her son!
– Ha! A bit melodramatic, but that’s what he gets!
The Gunslinger: – I forgot how awesome the mutant scene was!
– Again, so much foreshadowing. Almost too much!
I will take a reading break for about an hour or two and work on my Bleak House review! Be back here in the evening probably!
Day/Time: Saturday, 6:15 p.m.
Reading: The Gunslinger (I finished!)
The Gunslinger: 40 p
Today’s Total Pages Read: 239
Weekend’s Total Pages Read: 549
– How much did King add into this?! He basically gives the ending of the whole series away here!
Thus ends my weekend readathon! I accomplished 2X my goal (2 books for 1!) and the experience has been wonderful! I’m done reading for the day as I prepare to eat dinner and watch Midnight in Paris, followed by Downton Abbey!
Long days and pleasant nights, gunslingers!