I’ve been reading a lot (yay!), meeting fellow bloggers (Suzy of the Insatiable Booksluts, double-yay!), and not writing much (boo!). But, I will be writing a whole lot more, starting at noon today, as that is the beginning of my Spring Break (hooray! hooray! hooray!). So, here are a couple of things that I need to put out there until my break starts…
First, I want to proclaim that I will be participating in Bloggiesta this weekend. Bloggiesta is a blogging event in which participants vow to set aside time to work on all things blog-related. I’m not sure how big of a participant I will be, but I do need to get some work done on my blog, and I do want to check out some of the advice that will be offered on various blog-related issues during the weekend. My goals for the weekend are:
1. Organize reviews; update links
2. Add copyright information and an affiliation disclaimer to the site
3. Clean up my labels and categories
4. Update/change my sidebar
5. Plan an April reading/writing schedule
6. Comment on starred posts in my GoogleReader
7. Learn something new about blogging
8. Write upcoming posts
9. Practice writing interesting titles
10. Learn how to write my posts on the Pages app on my IPad so that I can migrate to my office (which has no computer)
11. Brainstorm creative new ideas for posts
12. Read lots of blogs and take note on what I like so that I might improve my writing and/or blog
I would also like to announce that I will take part in the Once Upon a Time Challenge, hosted by Stainless Steel Droppings. I really enjoyed the RIP challenge in the Fall, which SSD also hosted, and I love fantasy, so I’m excited about this challenge. I am going to commit to The Journey, which is simply one book, but I’m actually going to strive for Quest the Second, which requires me to read at least one book from each of the four categories–fantasy, folklore, fairy tale, and myth. I needed some more books to read in April, so this will definitely provide me with an incentive! This challenge goes through Tuesday, June 19.
I think I’ll probably be posting again later on today, so think of this as just a quick hello!