In case you didn’t know, it is Awards Season here at Adventures in Borkdom (and seemingly all over the internet). Three blogging awards will be given to up to nine different blogs, all beautiful, all versatile, and all deserving. I, myself, have received two of these awards, and I am very humble and thankful for them. Thank you Snobbery and Somersaulting through Life for considering Adventures in Borkdom both beautiful and versatile!
The first award is the newest award, created by Snobbery. It is the Best Commenter Award! This award goes to the five people who have commented the most here at Adventures in Borkdom!
First, I’d like to say a big thank you to these five people, and all of you who do comment here at Adventures in Borkdom. The greatest joy of blogging is engaging in conversation, and you all are the ones who make this possible. So, thank you so much for your comments!
So, as the rules go, I, the awarder, am to provide answers to the following nine questions that go along with the award. Here are the questions:
- What is your third favourite colour?
- Would you rather be: a Jedi, a Pokemon Master or a Wizard/Witch? Choose ONE.
- Who is your favourite Doctor?
- Can you whistle?
- Would you name your child Sirius Albus?
- What is the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything?
- Do you own a lawnmower?
- Do you think Legolas is a (very pretty) pansy?
- What’s the trashiest thing you’ve read in the last year? Should we [Snobbery] cover it for Trashy Tuesday?
2. I would most want to be a witch–I would kill at herbology and potions!
3. My favorite Doctor is David Tennant…with those wild, wonderful eyes!
4. No, I cannot whistle. This is my shame.
5. No, I’d name my kid Hermione Luna or Draco Neville!
6. I’ll take my answer from one of my favorite movies from high school–Reality Bites…PIZZA!
7. No, I do not have a lawn mower, and I’ve been very remiss in keeping up my “lawn”. Here’s what it looks like in my “back yard”:
8. Legolas is very pretty–but no, I don’t think he’s a pansy. Now, Gimli…there’s a pansy!
9. Ugh…you had to bring it up! Fifty Shades of Grey, and you better be doing a TT on it!
Now the moment you’ve all been waiting for…the awards for Best Commenter at Adventures in Borkdom goes to…
So, here are the rules of the award, if you choose to accept it:
- Accept Dodisharkicorn award and display it proudly in your widget sidebar.
- Find your Top Five Commenters on your Stats page and present them with the award. If they really comment that frequently, you shouldn’t need to tag them because they’ll see it anyway. It’s just polite to link to their blog, though. Dur. We are ALL ABOUT politeness.
- Answer the following questions and pass them on to your Top Five Commenters.
And, because I think these five bloggers deserve further recognition, and because I’d like to know more about them myself, I am rewarding all five of these bloggers with the next two awards as well (except for SJ, whose blog has already won them)!
The next two awards are The Beautiful Blogger Award and The Versatile Blogger Award!
Snobbery was kind enough to bestow The Beautiful Blogger Award upon Adventures in Borkdom, and Somersaulting Through Life gave me the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks ladies! I am very appreciative!
Because I think all of the following blogs are very deserving, I am awarding each with BOTH awards. Congratulations friends!
Ankit is a very kind and enthusiastic book blogger from India! In addition to his numerous reviews, he provides features on his favorite authors, reflections on his reading, and his own poetry. So, give it up to Ankit!
This is not the first time I have given Kyle an award, and it won’t be the last! Kyle provides a plethora of book reviews, usually on the hottest titles in YA. She is a teacher and future librarian, so she really knows her stuff!
Jessica is also a repeat offender in awards given by Adventures in Borkdom. I love her blog, and I love her book recommendations! Along with book reviews, she provides reflections on her reading, herself, and life as a mom! Check her blog out!
If you’re interested in Classics, then I’m SURE you’ve heard of Jillian. A Room of One’s Own is my absolute favorite Classics blog. Jillian is taking a journey in reading the classics, and at her blog she reflects upon her various readings, the state of literature today, and the question of what is canonical itself. Reading her blog is like sitting in on a really engaging seminar class in grad. school. I appreciate all that Jillian writes and I’m thankful that I found her blog. Please keep up the good work Jillian!
This lovely blog is BRAND NEW!! And I’m relatively brand new, so that’s saying a lot! From what I’ve seen so far, though, Somersaulting Through Life looks like it will be one we’ll all want to be reading–it covers books, television, and life in general. Here’s one post that I particularly enjoyed on recent advertisements in the UK–“Awesome Adverts in the UK“. Love that Ron Weasely! Let’s all support this new blog and the lovely lady behind it!
I’ve gotta give more love to my buddy, the imminent world traveler Pat Cummings! Along with being an excellent storyteller, Pat is also rather quirky, and his blog reflects this via his split personality posts (the three bloggers are Patrick Robert Cummings (Big Swiss), Robert Patrick Cummings, and the ghost in the machine, madmin…all with distinct different voices and purposes). If you want to see the world in a science fiction style (and consider what makes Sandra Bullock’s ’90s flick The Net so great), check out Cummings and Goings!
I have been a big fan of Priya’s blog since my first days in blogging! She loves Harry Potter, she loves Neil Gaiman, she loves Stephen King. Plus, she’s not afraid to try new things as made evident through her German literature stint. Her reviews are all very well-written and thoughtful, and I always value her opinion on books. If you haven’t read her blog yet, I highly recommend it!
Another relatively new blog that we need to know more about! Enchanted by Books is written by Danielle, another booklover. She’s been blogging since October and is taking part in quite a few reading challenges this year, a few in which I too am participating. I would like to get to know Danielle better, and am eager to see her seven random facts (if she accepts the Versatile Blogger Award).
So, here are the nitty-gritties on accepting the two awards:
The Beautiful Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who gave you the award
- Paste the award on your blog
- Link the person who nominated you for the award
- Nominate 7 bloggers or less
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated
The Versatile Blogger Award:
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
-So, I guess I broke the rules by only awarding the Versatile Blogger Award to eight people. Oh well.
-I provided nine things about myself at the beginning of the post. If you want more, friends, please ask away! I’m a very honest person.